Continually experimenting with new ideas and techniques — Reconstructing, Developing, Modernising.
I have been experimenting with different tools to try and replace my paper-based notebooks I used to use at work as lab logs. For a while I was getting quite frustrated trying to make the DayOne app do everything. Then it struck me: DayOne is a journaling application, and having seen my boss using Evernote I decided to give Evernote a try again.
A week into the experiment things are going much better, I am trying to make at least one journal entry a day in DayOne (with a regular review at the weekend, that’s a subject for another post…) and I’m slowly loading stuff into Evernote.
Now I want to see if I can get into the habit of using Workflowy as well, and see how to use it effectively. Despite a month or two of trying to make it work it seems that their way of thinking and my way of doing don’t seem to mesh.
The best thing is that all these tools mean that my notes are to hand wherever I have a computer or my phone, and it’s a lot easier to search documents than paper.